1. Film is named after Srk’s moonshiner character ‘Raees Alam. The movie is set out in 1980s and is bio pic of the underworld king of Gujarat, Abdul Latif. Shah Rukh will be playing anti-hero role for the second time after Don 2.
2. The film also stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Pakistani actress Mahira Khan. Directed by Ritesh Dholakia, the film was supposed to release on Eid 2016 but was postponed due to date clash with Salman Khan’s Sultan. Also, Shah Rukh’s injuries led to delay in completion of the movie.
3. Nawazuddin’s role of a cop who opposes Raees in his business was first offered to Farhan Akhtar but due to similarity of his role in Wazir, he refused the offer.
4. Gorgeous Mahira Khan will make his debut in Bollywood through the role of ‘Mohsina’ in the movie and we can’t wait to see what she brings to the theatres with her performance.
5. Shah Rukh Khan made sure he remains in bad mood at set during the shooting to make the character appear real in movie. He was so deeply engrossed in his bad mood trick that even the director Rahul Dholakia became concerned.